Corporate | Financial Regulatory & Compliance | Banking & Financial Services | Latin America Practice | Blockchain & Digital Assets
Marina Olman-Pal, Shareholder at GTLaw, advises foreign and U.S. financial institutions on a broad range of regulatory matters including licensing, acquisitions, divestitures, compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations, and compliance with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions programs. Marina counsels a wide range of companies in the financial services sector including, domestic and foreign banks, gaming companies, money services businesses including money transmitters, cryptocurrency businesses, Fintech companies and digital payment companies. Throughout her career, Marina has represented clients before U.S. regulators such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, FinCEN, OFAC, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation and other state supervisory authorities.
Marina also regularly develops anti-money laundering programs for a wide range of financial services businesses and non-financial services businesses including, U.S. and foreign companies active in industries such as real estate, hospitality, automotive and artificial intelligence, among many others.
- Financial services, regulatory and compliance
- BSA/anti-money laundering and OFAC sanctions compliance guidance
- Development of anti-money laundering and OFAC compliance programs
- FinTech, blockchain, digital payments license and regulatory compliance guidance
- FFIEC Manual Updates and Bank Expectations for MSBs, The Money Services Business Association, Lunch and Learn Series, 2020
- The Platinum Network’s Life After COVID-19: FFIEC BSA/AML Exam Manual Updates, 2020
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA): Lavado a Través del Sector Inmobiliario (Money Laundering through the Real Estate Sector), 2020
- Análisis de Recientes Multas y Sanciones (Analysis of Recent Fines and Sanctions), REGLIANCE Virtual Conference, 2021
- The U.S. Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), REGLIANCE Virtual Conference, 2021
- State of Regulation in Latin America (Fintech, Remittances & Forex), IMTC LATAM 2021 Virtual Conference, 2021
- Digital Currencies – Applications/Implementations for CFOs, Counsel of Americans – CFO Forum, 2022
- Women Leading Crypto & Fintech, 7th Women’s Hemispheric Network Forum: Miami, 2022
- Business Advice from Compliance Professionals and Legal Counsel, CrossTech Compliance, 2022
- The Corporate Transparency Act, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA) AML Compliance Conference, 2022
- Representation of Associated Foreign Exchange, Inc., a leader in global payment solutions and foreign exchange risk management, in connection with its sale of its money transmitter business to FleetCor Technology, Inc, a leading global business payments company serving businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Representation of Five Flags Banks, Inc. in the merger of two of its subsidiary Florida-chartered community banks, The Warrington Bank, a Florida banking corporation, and Bank of the South, a Florida banking corporation. The merger was an internal corporate reorganization.
- Representation of GoDaddy Inc., a web hosting and domain registration services company, in connection with the acquisition and integration of Poynt Financial, an all-in-one payment platform.
- Representation of GoDaddy Inc., a web hosting and domain registration services company, in connection with the acquisition of DAN.com, a domain marketplace platform servicing clients worldwide.
- Representation of Paysafe, a multinational online payments company, in its $441 million acquisition of SafetyPay, an ecommerce payment platform. With this acquisition, Paysafe will be the leading open banking and eCash solutions provider in Latin America.
- Represented PWCC Marketplace, LLC, PWCC Services, LLC and PWCC Vault, LLC in connection with their senior secured credit facilities in an amount up to $175 million from WhiteHawk Capital Partners, LP and Wingspire Capital LLC.
Recognition & Leadership
Awards & Accolades
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2023
- Selected, National Law Review, “Go-To Thought Leader: Finance Law – Anti-Money Laundering Legislation,” 2021
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2009-2010
- J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2006
- B.S., cum laude, Biological Sciences, Florida International University, 2001
- District of Columbia
- Spanish, Native
News, Insights & Presentations
Marina is a contributor to GT’s Financial Services Observer Blog
|09.06.21||Paysafe compra SafetyPay para fortalecerse en América Latina, LexLatin|
|08.25.21||UK online payment company Paysafe continues LatAm expansion, Latin Lawyer|
|12.09.19||Navent Group’s $20 Million Loan, Global Legal Chronicle|
|12.06.19||Navent Group obtiene crédito para comprar portales digitales en Perú, LexLatin|
|09.22.22||Panelist on Digital Currencies – Applications/Implementation for CFOs, AS/COA CFO Forum: Mexico|
|06.17.22||Moderator, Panel Discussion II: Women Leading Crypto & Fintech- AS/COA Women’s Hemispheric Network Forum – Miami 2022, AS/COA Women’s Hemispheric Network Forum – Miami|
|06.10.21||Panelist, REGLIANCE 2021: At the Crossroads Between Compliance, Regtech and Regulation, REGLIANCE 2021: At the Crossroads Between Compliance, Regtech and Regulation|
|04.27.21||Moderator, State of Regulation in Latin America (Fintech, Remittances & Forex) , Virtual Event | International Money Transfer & Cross-Border Payments (IMTC) LATAM 2021|
|11.16.20||IMTC World: Cumplimiento y Supervisión en el corredor USA-Mexico, Speaker, IMTC World Virtual Conference|
|06.11.20||Life After COVID-19: FFIEC BSA/AML Exam Manual Updates, Speaker, Life After COVID-19: FFIEC BSA/AML Exam Manual Updates|
|04.21.20||Panelist, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA): Lavado a Través del Sector Inmobiliario (English Title: Money Laundering through the Real Estate Sector) (Apr. 2020), Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA): Lavado a Través del Sector Inmobiliario (English Title: Money Laundering through the Real Estate Sector)|