WHAT’S YOUR COMPLIANCE PERSONALITY?
One of the most valuable things we have learned in the past 40 years in the industry is how to develop and improve compliance services and technology solutions based on the needs of the many personalities we have worked with.
The three distinctive yet congruent personality types are:
- The Always Prepared
- The Procrastinator
- The Old Timer
Which one are you?
THE ALWAYS PREPARED
The Always Prepared person does not need help knowing what needs to be done; they need help working more efficiently. The complexities of compliance are no surprise, but managing this cumbersome task is challenging.
- This person has only been late to work once, and that was because the CFPB webinar on remittance transfers ran 10 minutes late.
- They rarely call in sick; when they do, they check in mid-day to see if the CTRs have been filed.
- The Compliance Management Portal automates several BSA/AML compliance nuances like; document storage, calendar reminders, employee training, and monitoring logs.
- Automated Transaction Monitoring lets your compliance work for you. The comprehensive cloud-based system screens KYC and has automatic CTR/SAR filing, case management for back-end review, and real-time data aggregation across brands, products, and locations.
The procrastinator is never prepared and is not entirely sure what day of the week it is. Waiting until the last minute costs them a lot of extra time and money. They are completely overwhelmed with their compliance responsibilities and don’t know where to start.
- They were appointed Compliance Officer by their Dad two years ago but had no idea what a SAR is.
- To them, FinCEN is something they got rid of at the age of 15 when their Mother forced them to use Grandma’s famous ointment that cures anything.
- Consulting with a BSA/AML compliance professional will help map out a plan to get even a procrastinator on track.
- In the Compliance Management Portal, Calendar Reminders will notify you of important due dates.
THE OLD TIMER
The Old Timer has been in the money transfer industry since before the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. Technology is not their friend; they need help bringing their policies and procedures into the 21st century.
- Their “bulletproof” internal monitoring log has not been updated since George H. W. Bush’s administration.
- They are in utter shock when their compliance processes break with the defense, “but that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
- Online Employee Training will bring their BSA/AML compliance awareness up-to-date.
- Updated monitoring logs are available through the Compliance Shop and will ensure that you document proper procedures.
All of these personalities keep us on our toes and our minds sharp. Regardless of your identity, there is always room to improve your compliance systems.