Naushad Contractor. In-depth understanding of electronic payments (web & mobile) and experience in creating converging alternate channel options for the financial services & retail industry and in turn for the retail customer. He is a strategic thinker with bias for action with excellent product management skills. Have taken businesses from zero to 1 and efficiently and effectively built scale for the same by using online marketing tools & analytics. Working experience across geographies
Was a key member of the founding team for Remit2India. Have set up and led the mobile commerce division (product management & marketing) for the Indian operations of a large global telecom major. Work closely on Mobile based money, payments & commerce. Also work towards achieving better financial inclusion using Mobile Phones in India.
- Was Head of Marketing & Product Development for Mobile Commerce at Vodafone India
- Instrumental in launching the adapted version of M-Pesa (The world’s biggest Mobile Money success story) in India
- Consultative solutions on the regulatory and product front to Vodafone teams in Egypt (soon to go live) & Qatar (Live).
- As Business Head for Wallet365, India’s first eWallet managed technology as well as relations top online merchants across genres.
- Was a key member of Remit2India, the world’s first digital cross border remittance company
- As a member of the regulatory committee of the Mobile Payment Forum of India helped create of banking regulation required for electronic payments in the country
- Key member in the world’s largest consumer NFC pilot
Specialties: web & mobile, Payments & financial services, mobile payment, mobile money & mobile commerce solutions, Business planning & management, Sharp revenue & P&L focus, customer sensitivity, Forging & maintaining alliances, E-Commerce, M-Commerce, Ideating & innovating, implementation, IVR, J2ME, GPRS, USSD, regulatory understanding, project management, NFC, banked & unbanked, cross border, business models