Terms & Conditions:
The Platinum Network (“PNET”) maintains this website and other related websites such as CrossTech, IMTC, The Remtech Awards, Regliance, Global, Finchain, Remittance Stories, Mohr World Consulting, and other websites (the Sites) that are part of The Platinum Network group of companies (the group) as well as websites and online platforms (Event Registration, Online Courses, Webinar/Roundtable Registration) and social media channels used and linked to the group. All the information, communications, photos, text, video, graphics, images, and other materials and services found on our websites (collectively “Content”) are for our members, online and offline customers, and the general public. “We”, “our”, “us”, refers to The Platinum Network, its owners and directives.
When you register for an event, presential (offline) or virtual (online), paid or free, or as a participant, speaker, panelist, sponsor or when you register or sign-up as a member of the Platinum Network, you are considered a registrant and you agree to the terms and conditions as outlined below. These Terms & Conditions are updated frequently.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions or to impose new conditions on use of the Sites, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised Terms and Conditions on this website. By continuing to use the Sites after we post any such changes, you accept the Terms of and Conditions, as modified.
The Sites and all the materials available on the Sites are the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Sites are provided solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not use the Sites or the materials available on the Sites in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or has not been authorized by us. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in these Terms and Conditions or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Sites. However, you may download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Sites for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries, postings, photos, and videos) to us via the Sites, internet groups, social media venues, or to any of our staff via email, text, or otherwise, you are representing: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and (ii) that you are thirteen years of age or older. In addition, when you submit, email, text, or deliver or post any material, you are granting us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark, or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of such rights, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address, or screen name, as we deem appropriate.
You may establish a link to the Sites so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by our Sites or by us. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the Sites’ content, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content, or intellectual property. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content that we publish.
Throughout the Sites, we may provide links to sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites or the information, products, or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, we do not operate or control in any respect any information, products, or services that third parties may provide on or through the Sites or on websites linked to by us on the Sites.
It is understood that, in all circumstances, we retain complete responsibility for the management of the content in order to ensure the highest quality, in our Sites and any of our events. We will not be liable for any failure to render services due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, such as a catastrophe of nature, governmental action, computer viruses and failures, acts of God, labor difficulties, social unrest, or non-performance of a supplier.
♦ Payments – Certain sections of the Sites or certain events that we produce may allow you to purchase different products and services provided by third parties and us.
• If the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or any other aspect of our products and services does not satisfy you in any way and for any reason, please contact us. We will resolve your complaint as best as we can, including refunding your payment if necessary.
• We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or any other aspect of products and services by third parties. Still, we will do our best to help you solve any dispute as long as you engage with these third parties through us. If you engage directly with these third parties, we will not be responsible, even if you meet them, find them or otherwise contact them through the Sites or us. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred due to such direct dealings.
• When you purchase products or services on our events or through the Sites, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that specifically apply to your purchase or use of such products or services, as well as the merchants and payment methods used.
• You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf. You agree to purchase services or products for legitimate purposes only. You also agree not to make any purchases for speculative, false, or fraudulent purposes or to anticipate demand for a particular product or service.
• You agree to only purchase goods or services for yourself or for someone you are legally permitted to do so. When purchasing for a third party that requires you to submit the third party’s personal information to us or a merchant, you represent that you have obtained such a third party’s express consent to provide such third party’s personal information.
• Your purchase is for personal use only unless the purchase is made for a company, and the use by company delegates is clearly stated. Sharing of purchases is not permitted and will be considered unauthorized, an infringing use of our copyrighted material, and may subject violators to liability.
• If payment for a subscription is declined, our system will disable access to our premium materials. (We understand. This usually happens because a credit card expires.) We want to help restore your access, so we’ll make every attempt to contact you to help resolve this issue. Once the billing issue is resolved, we’ll restore access.
• Some events require the registrant to register online and pay in US Dollars, but we might offer payments in other currencies. All registrations are done online, but we reserve the right to use other methods suitable for the specific event. Registration is not guaranteed until payment has been received. We reserve the right to cancel any registration that is not paid in full or properly confirmed. Be aware that different payment channels have different confirmation mechanisms. Online payments by Cards is normally the easiest and fastest payment channel, and we can offer immediate confirmation registration is finished. Choosing other payment methods will make your registration pending until payment is received. We will send invoices to process payment. Payments must be processed at once in order not to lose any early discount periods, if any.
♦ Unpaid Registrations – Any company is liable for the Registration Fees of its employees. In case one employee attends (is present on the conference grounds or is connected online), and he/she has not been registered, or his/her registration has not been paid, the Company will be liable to pay the full registration fee. We will present an invoice to the company and expect immediate payment.
♦ Cancellation, Rescheduling, or Relocation of Event – In the event of cancellation, rescheduling, or relocation of an event, we will do our best to offer any alternatives that might be suitable to every registrant. In the event of cancellation, rescheduling, or relocation of an event due to circumstances within our direct control, our liability shall be limited to a refund of 50% of all fees paid to us by the registrant in case such registrant wants its money back. In the event that we have control over the cancellation, rescheduling, or relocation of any event due to events beyond our control (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence, we cannot be held liable for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, financial losses, etc. Under these circumstances, we reserve the right to either retain the entire registrant fees and use it for a future event or reimburse the registrant after deducting costs already incurred for the event’s organization and could not be recovered from third parties.
♦ Speakers and Panelists
• We attract a number of experts and industry executives in different fields and areas that want to participate in the different events we produce. We choose speakers and panelists that we find interesting to all the registrants to online and offline events based on a wide variety of factors that change and evolve through time.
• We do not pay any fees to speakers for their presentations, nor “sell” speaker slots, and ordinarily do not pay for any expenses, such as travel or accommodations. We have made exceptions to speakers from multilateral agencies, educational institutions, other non-profits, and government officials to encourage their involvement with the industry.
• All Speakers and Panelists must pay for their registration into presential events, but we do make the same exceptions above. We might waive the registration fees for speakers and panelists of virtual or hybrid events.
• We give priority to sponsors & exhibitors in designating speakers or panelists to the events they are sponsoring, but we reserve the right to accept such designation.
• Most panelists are selected from the attendees already registered to lead or anchor a subject matter and open the discussion.
• Most industry attendees are honored to be approached by us and happily agree to be part of a panel, round-table, or discussion, but, of course, participation is voluntary. Such participation is strictly done as individual-subject-matter experts and never on the company’s name.
• We are not liable if a speaker or panelist cannot be present at the time (or place) specified in the Agenda. We are not in any way liable for the views and opinions of Speakers and Panelists invited.
• Every registrant releases The Platinum Network, its directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, successors, partners, and assigns from any and all liability for and waives any and all claims for injury, loss, or damage, including attorneys’ fees, in any way connected with the participation in the event, whether or not caused in whole or part by the negligence or other misconduct of The Platinum Network or any of the individuals mentioned above. The registrant takes part in the event at his/her own risk. Oral agreements shall not be binding if these have not been confirmed in writing by us.
• We undertake no duty to exercise care, nor do we assume any responsibility, for the protection and safety of the registrant in our presential events, or the protection of the registrant’s property from theft or damage or destruction by fire, accident, or other cause. Small and easily portable articles should be properly secured. Any protection exercised by us shall be deemed purely gratuitous on its part and shall in no way be construed to make it liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the registrant.
• The registrant agrees to indemnify and hold The Platinum Network and its agents harmless from all such claims and from all claims or liability of any nature whatsoever arising from the registrant’s activities.
♦ Registration Name Change and Credits – If a registrant is unable to attend, we can substitute a registration; if no alternate participant can participate in its place, refunds might be available and displayed once registration is finished the Fees page of our Registration System. Details might be different for each event. Credit will be given to registrants, in a case by case basis, in our next scheduled event. A Processing Fee will be charged if credit is given.
♦ Photographs and Video and/or audio recordings – By registering, you give consent to appear in photographs or video recordings. The use of any photographs taken and/or recordings made singularly or in conjunction with other photographs and/or recordings and audio and video recordings from online events for advertising, publicity, commercial, or other business purposes related to us and our events.
♦ Removal – Any registrant failing to comply with the terms and conditions may be expelled from and refused continued access to the Sites or the events in the future.
• We may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason, from our Sites, our events, or our Community.
• We may remove (or may order the removal) of a registrant from any event we host, and no part of the registration fees will be returned if we feel the registrants is violating any of the provision of these Terms & Conditions, has not registered to the event or has done so in any way we deem fraudulent. We may refuse hereafter to enter into any agreement with the same or related registrant for any event organized by us.
♦ Postings – As a registrant or a user of the Sites, you agree not to use the Sites and any of our services to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available (“Post”) any Content:
• That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, false or inaccurate, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• That could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that would otherwise violate any law, or violate any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• That infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
• That contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment virus, bugs, or other harmful items; or
• That contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
• Harm minors in any way;
• Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, intentionally or unintentionally;
• “Stalk” or otherwise harass another;
• Collect or store personal data about other users;
• Transmit or otherwise transfer any Web pages, data, or content found on the Sites to any other computer, server, Web site, or another medium for mass distribution or for use in any commercial enterprise; or
• Supply material support or resources to organizations designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act
♦ Magazine & Blog – Terms of placement:
- Content Guidelines: All articles, blog posts, and other written materials must be original, well-researched, and relevant to the fintech industry. Please refrain from publishing plagiarized, spammy, or overly promotional content. CrossTech reserves the right to edit or reject content that does not meet our standards.
- Ownership and Copyright: By submitting your content to CrossTech Magazine Blog, you agree that the ownership and copyright of your work belong to you. However, you grant CrossTech a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to publish, distribute, and promote your content on our website and other platforms. You also certify that your content does not infringe on intellectual property rights or violate any laws or regulations.
- Compensation: CrossTech does not provide monetary compensation for guest contributors. However, we offer exposure to a global audience, potential backlinks to your website, and the opportunity to showcase your expertise in the fintech industry.
- Attribution and Promotion: CrossTech requires that all content creators include a short author bio and headshot, which will be displayed at the end of each article or blog post. You are also encouraged to promote your content on social media and other platforms.
- Submission Process: To submit your content for consideration, please attach your article or blog post (between 400-600 words) in a Word format, along with your author bio and headshot at https://crosstechpayments.com/submit-article/. We will look over your content and reply within five business days.
♦ Building a Community – The Sites and events may include a variety of interactive features, such as discussions, forums, bulletin
boards, weblogs, chat rooms, and connections, which allow real-time interaction between registrants and other features that allow users to communicate with others. Responsibility for what is posted in the public posting areas on the Sites, for what is expressed in roundtables and meetings, lies with each registrant – you alone are responsible for the material you communicate, post, or send. We do not control the messages, information, or files that you or others may provide through the Sites or the information you share in our events. It is a condition of your use of the Sites and the participation of our events that you do not:
• Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Sites or the events.
• Use the Sites or events to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
• Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Sites or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Sites.
• Use the Sites or events to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
• Gain unauthorized access to the Sites, or any account, computer system, or network connected to the Sites, by means such as hacking, password mining, or other illicit means.
• Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Sites.
• Use the Sites to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
• Use the Sites to post or transmit any information, software, or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
• Use the Sites to post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
• Use the Sites to post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
• Use the Sites to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval by participating in the sponsorship opportunities that we organize from time to time.
• Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
• We do our best to monitor the content of the Online Community, but we are in no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of the content or postings on the Sites. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right to monitor the same at our sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any postings or content, in whole or in part, for any reason and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and to protect ourselves, our registrants, clients, sponsors, users, and visitors.
♦ Sexual Harassment – We are committed to providing content and events that are free from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment will not be tolerated and should be reported to any of our event staff privately to discuss the best way to handle any specific situation. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment. Such unwelcome conduct unreasonably interferes with an individual’s participation in an event and creates an intimidating, hostile, or abusive environment. Sexual pranks, or repeated sexual teasing, jokes, or innuendo, verbal abuse of a sexual nature; touching or grabbing of a sexual nature; repeatedly standing too close to or brushing up against a person; repeatedly asking a person to socialize when the person has said no or has indicated he or she is not interested and repeatedly making sexually suggestive gestures are all sexual harassment behavior. If you have witnessed any such behavior, please contact us.
♦ Language – Most of our Sites and events are in English, and we specify when the event is in any other language or offers simultaneous translation in whole or in part. If you are not sure of the language of the event, please contact us. We do not offer sign language interpretation for deaf patients but will take reasonable steps to find a sign language interpreter if needed.
♦ Promotional Items in presential events – Registrant might not distribute promotional items or materials such as flyers, lanyards, badge holders, notepads, pens, etc. to other registrants nor promote their services and product that imply the use of ads, banners, chain postings, mass connections, discussions or postings if they are not authorized and managed by us.
♦ Hostess, helpers, assistants in presential events – Everyone attending an event must be registered, and a registration fee must be paid. It includes all hostesses, helpers, or assistants of any kind. We have made exceptions in presential events in the case of companions for disabled participants. Sponsors that need have helpers or hostesses at their booth or rented space must disclose this and must be part of the contract signed by the sponsor with us. Please consult before the event if you have any doubts. We will have the right to remove this person or charge a registration fee if proper arrangements have not been made.
♦ Appointments with outside visitors in presential events – Any appointments made by Registrants with outside visitors not registered at the conference will not be allowed inside the conference, trade fair area, and adjacent areas considered part of the event. Please inquire about the cost of a pass and the conditions for admission. If a visitor has not been registered, the registrant and his/her company will be required to pay the invitee’s full conference registration price. Besides, we reserve the right to summarily eject said visitor.
♦ Renting Rooms in the Conference Venue – No Registrant at a presential event can rent a private room in the Conference Venue for Private Meetings with other Conference Participants or Outside Visitors without written permission from us, whether it is for a reception, private gathering, meeting, sales presentation, etc. The Hotel is not authorized to book a room for you for this purpose. If you want to have a private meeting of any kind, we will plan it for you and coordinate with the hotel for the best time and place to not be concurrent with any conference event. If this policy is violated, the participant will be responsible for paying a minimum of US 1,000 per meeting/per day.
♦ Lost Badges in presential events – The event badge must be worn at all times during the conference. Access to the conference facilities will not be granted without it. If a registrant loses, misplaced, or forgets their badge, a handling fee of USD 50 could be charged for a new badge. Once a new badge is produced, the lost badge will become invalid. The conference organizers will remove any individual from the conference area – conference room, meeting area, meeting foyer, exhibition, and trade fair area – that cannot show proof of registration.
♦ Letters of Invitation for presential events – A ‘Letter of Invitation’ to one of our events for the purposes of Visas or permits of any kind will only be issued once the registration has been processed and payment has been received in full. The ‘Letter of Invitation’ does not financially obligate the conference organizers in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to their attendance at the conference are the sole responsibility of the participant.
♦ Visa Requirements for presential events – It is the sole responsibility of registrants to ensure that they comply with any requirements needed to obtain permission to enter the country where an event is being held. Delegates who require an entry visa must allow enough time for the application procedure. Delegates should contact the nearest embassy or consulate to determine the requirements and timing of their visa applications. Commercial visas are given priority. Delegates should inquire at the embassy or consulate. Registration Fees will be refunded if visas are not awarded if we know that participation is subject to the granting of a Visa. We cannot provide assistance in obtaining a visa since it is forbidden for third parties to contact embassies and consulates on behalf of visa applicants. For more information on obtaining a VISA LETTER from us, please check here: VISA LETTER. Data submitted by Delegates in preparing the Visa Letter, such as passport information, is destroyed, and it is not kept by Organizers or shared with anyone else.
We make every effort to protect personal information from unauthorized access or misuse and take reasonable steps to securely destroy records containing personal information when it is to be discarded so that the information is rendered indecipherable. We do not collect Social Security Numbers, driver’s license or passport information for any purpose other than identification for payment collection purposes such as credit card payments if needed, and makes an effort to prevent and restrict the sale of email addresses by any participant or sponsor of an event or use emails collected at the event for mass email marketing purposes.
Information and content posted within our online community or expressed in our events may be provided by our staff, outside contributors, or by users or guests not directly connected with us. We expressly disclaim all responsibility and endorsement, and we make no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed in the community or in any of our presential or online events, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in postings, or for links embedded in any posting or messages. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through us. The opinions expressed in the community and our events are solely the opinions of the person that expresses those opinions and does not reflect our own opinions.
♦ Do you have any questions?